Its actually hard to tell here as this red transparent PLA I am using is impossible to photograph, It comes out looking like crap but I am really happy with the results I managed to get tonight.
After many many failures at trying to print Admiral Akbar on the rostock, I finally found the settings that worked best.
The first picture on the left shows the fine support structures that I was able to print even with a bowden extruder which amazed me. Even on my Mendel, some of these finer structures would not print or would collapse. The second picture shows the final model which looks so much better in real life than it does here. These models are a tranparent red plastic. They look really terrible here but the actual model look quite good.
Basically the mods I made to the extruder tonight really seem to have paid off.
* Replacing the standard hobbed bolt with a precision Arcol Hyena
* Mounting the Extruder in a bridge and shortening the PTFE tube
* Much tweaking and playing around with the settings in Slic3r (I think the most important changes in slicer were experementing with the retract settings and adding a 1mm lift.