Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Rostock 3D - Tuning the extruder

Well I spent some time fine tuning the settings and I am getting there.
In the image below you can see the first print (ahem!) on the left and then after much tweaking and getting the retracts working better with the bowden extruder. There is still a long way to go but its not too bad.
For some reason, its not filling right to the edges. I think that means I am not pushing enough plastic or there is too much slack in the system (its more likely the latter).

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading this https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/deltabot/tVccMWjDy7E[1-25] and was wondering if you had any stepper motor issues yourself. I’m still waiting for a few parts, then I’ll start building mine. I just want to foresee any future problems I might ran into. =)

    BTW, those prints look nice. Let us know when you've optimized your setup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you using a Wade's extruder? What was your reasoning for not using the Airtripper bowden setup as Johann is using? I printed/built the Airtripper and am waiting on rods and framing to piece my machine together....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already had a spare Wade's from upgrading my other printer. I though about building the Airtripper but I only have standard wades type hobbed bolts and dont have the toothed gear that they use in the Airtripper.

      Delete